Sunday, February 21, 2016

My thoughts on design patterns

In many programming languages design pattern is a hot topic and a must do; without mastering various deisng patterns one seems barely mastered the programming language. My take is if design patterns is really essential, why it isn't built as part of the programming language, and enforce everyone to use it? After all, it's good to encourage good behaviors than bad.

In Functional Programming language, design pattern isn't frequently talked about, as it has quite different programming paradigm, For the reason I listed, the essence of design pattern (I wouldn't like to name it, the word design is much more prefered) is built into the programming languge.

I woud like to elaborate more reason behind that, however, some expert already did a much better job (Yet I'm just a beginner).

http://blog.ezyang.com/2010/05/design-patterns-in-haskel/


No comments:

Post a Comment